Since I was in the area I decided to stop by my local Avalanche Records store on the way home. I really like the independent music shops, as they sell decent alternative music while still offering the neat deals such as 6 CDs for £5. Avalanche is one of the few stores therefore that deserves my hard-earned cash.
Imagine my delight when I countered two special offer sections today: six 99p CDs for £5; and three £1.99 CDs for £5. So, I decided to splash out on a tenner's worth, for which I got:
- Laptop - Nothing To Declare
- Hell Is For Heroes - You Drove Me To It
- The Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun
- Dubstar - Cathedral Park
- The excellent Waiwan - Distraction (album)
- Ben & Jason - How The Hell Do I Explain?
- Lemon Jelly - Nice Weather For Ducks!
- Soundgarden - Pretty Noose
- ...and an EMI compilation CD, which happens to be the first copy-controlled CD I've ever bought. Have to see how that goes...
I'm quite pleased with myself.