In just over two weeks I will be 21 years of age. In light of this, I have an announcement to make:
My birthday wishlist is on-line.
I will have horrible guilt trips if you buy me anything from it, so if you like to see me suffer, go visit now! (Nice angle, no?)
I last posted about what I sort of wanted as my main present back on the 16th, but since then I've found another relatively expensive item I desire. Once again, I badly need your help in deciding, so I'll be cross-posting a simple poll to one or two communities so I can have as much help as possible.
The first item on the agenda is a 30GB Apple iPod. With one of these, I could:
- Have it laser-engraved with my name (see big image on right)
- Hook it up to my old laptop via my existing FireWire card, and use it with Mac OS X
- Store tons of my favourite music, and forego listening to daytime radio for up to eight hours at a time
- Back up important files by using it as an external Hard Drive
- Store notes and read them on the iPod's built-in screen
- Play games during periods of boredom
- Boast that I own an iPod
- I'd have to buy a USB card for my computer, but that would itself prove useful in future
- iPhoto would work beautifully
- The possibilities for random picture taking are greatly increased without worrying about wasting film
- I could share pictures and even, gasp, video with you grubby lot
- I might start selling stuff on eBay with a digicam to take item photos
- Buying extra memory sticks would bring total cost above that of the initial cost of the iPod
- I could boast that I own a decent digital camera
What should I get for my birthday?
Do I deserve this present, considering I'm not asking for, say, a car in the long term?
If you chose the iPod, please tell me what you think should be engraved on the back. If you chose Something Else, say what it is here and give a link if you can. Or, you can simply use this space to comment. It's up to you.
Need more room because you ran out of space in answering the above question? Feel free to continue here.
All answers are anonymous, so please don't be afraid to fill out the poll. You will, of course, have my eternal gratitude for making my important decisions for me.